Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Note to self: Although there are actually 34 months in this period, one of those months has only four days, so I've left that out of the monthly things on this list.
Sushi's 101 Things in 1001 Days: Round The First
Start Date: Monday, 7 January 2008
End Date: Monday, 4 October 2010
Last Updated 22 June 2010
Writing, in which Sushi lives up to her name
002. Write in Dr. Nbook for at least thirty consecutive days three times (1/3)
005. Complete Blogathon at least once.
006. Participate in and win NaBloPoMo at least once.
007. Make at least 1001 new LJ posts. The rare private post (usually notes to self; don't get too excited) doesn't count here. However, if I filter a post, that post will count. (377/1001) Update 31 December 2009: Yeah, I give up on this one happening unless I treat LJ like some people do Tumblr.
008. Write a first draft of my mathverse.
009. Complete an additional first draft (novel, script, short story) outside of NaNoWriMo or Script Frenzy.
010. Get at least one work edited and submitted for publication.
011. Write at least one thought-provoking LJ entry a week, where 'thought-provoking' is anything beyond the day-to-day, memesheep, or linkspam banter. For my stay(s?) in therealljidol, those entries don't count. (8/143) (18 January 2008: Okay, so I forgot about this one the very first week. Hey, I can keep going, right?)
012. Write five poems. Seriously, a poem comes out once a year if I'm lucky. (1/5)
Decluttering and Getting Organized, in which Sushi straightens out her life
014. Donate or give away clothes I no longer wear once a year (2/3). 2008 and 2009 are completed.
016. Sell or give away old Barbie dolls.
019. Clear desk and dresser once a week (5/143) 18 January 2008: Okay, so I forgot about this one the very first week. Hey, I can keep going, right?
020. Clean room every two weeks (7/71). When I have my own place, create a cleaning schedule and stick to it for at least six months (0/6). Oops. Failed this one.
Becoming an Adult, in which Sushi bursts her own bubble
022. Figure out what I want with my future and pursue it. IN PROGRESS
025. Make a budget and stick to it for at least six months (0/6).
026. Set a certain amount of money to save, and do not touch it except in emergencies. Do this every month for at least six months (0/6)
027. Invest in dressier outfits than jeans and casual geeky tops (1/5)
028. Save my spare change. Deposit the change in my bank account yearly. (1/3) Take One:30 July 2009.
029. Find a full-time job after graduating from ASC. If I go to grad school on some sort of fellowship, that will also count for this goal. Job-hunting IN PROGRESS. Any leads are welcome.
Things That Will Likely Involve Travel, in which Sushi decides to go exploring
030. Visit France and two new countries (2/3) PROGRESS: France (12-26 May 2008), Germany (18 May 2008)
031. Visit ten new states (6/10). PROGRESS: Virginia (1 March 2008), New York (1-9 March 2008), Illinois (9 March 2008), Maryland (10 August 2008), Pennsylvania (19 October 2008), New Jersey (4 July 2009). Virginia, Illinois, Maryland, and Pennsylvania were through airports.
032. Swim in the Pacific Ocean.
033. Go camping.
035. Meet five online friends in person, plus Andrew (4/6). PROGRESS: Met Andrew 1 March 2008, spydielives 20 April 2008, banyangirl1832 2 July 2009, thisisthesmile 4 July 2009
037. Visit the Office of Letters and Light.
038. See an aurora.
Overcoming Fear, in which Sushi puts on her big girl pants
040. Donate blood. Donate thrice more if I'm not permanently scarred from the first experience. (1/1), (1/3) IN PROGRESS: I gave 10 September 2008 and wasn't scarred for life. I gave again on 1 April 2009 and still am not scarred.
041. Sing solo karaoke.
043. Keep a fear journal for seven consecutive days on three different occasions (0/3)
044. Go skydiving.
045. Ride a roller coaster. (I know this sounds small, but I can't stand them!)
Technology, in which Sushi weans herself and makes herself more dependent at once
049. Purchase an external hard drive and back up everything on my computers (1/2). PROGRESS: Received an external hard drive for Christmas 2008.
050. Learn how to use a graphics program and complete a 100 icon challenge.
052. Retag my LJ from start to finish, including the old Diaryland and Xanga entries I've archived in. IN PROGRESS.
053. Reorganize my del.icio.us tags. IN PROGRESS
054. Create a Wikipedia article that doesn't get deleted.
Entertainment and Crafts, in which Sushi shows off her non-writerly creativity
057. Watch fifty movies I haven't seen before (19/50) The Movies List is here so I can keep track.
058. Read fifty new books not strictly for academic purposes (37/50). The Book List is here so I can keep track.
059. Go to five concerts of artists I haven't previously seen live (3/5). Progress: They Might Be Giants, 15 March 2008; Animagus, 30 August 2008; Jonathan Clay, 12 September 2008
062. Learn three new dance styles to the point that repeating the beginner's lesson would be old hat. Believe me, this would be an accomplishment. (0/3)
063. Host a party. My birthday party doesn't count here.
064. Learn how to apply makeup without looking like a clown.
065. Decorate the covers of a Dr. Nbook.
066. Complete Project 365. Update 31 December 2009: Yeah, this one's not getting completed. Started, maybe.
067. Send a postcard to Postsecret.
068. Keep a journal of some of my secrets, and release it when it's finished. Tell at least one person each secret as I write them down. (Yes, an LJ entry would count here.) IN PROGRESS
069. Capture a day of my life in pictures and post the result to adayinmylife.
070. Handmake a Dr. Nbook, from the paper up.
The Great Outdoors, in which Sushi gets some fresh air
072. Keep a garden growing for at least six months (0/6)
074. Watch a meteor shower.
076. Go skiing.
077. Go hiking.
078. Explore a cave.
079. Go snorkeling or scuba diving.
Health, in which Sushi claims that stick is a shape
081. Make at least thirty new meals. Recipe inspiration: stupid_free failposts and news spam comments that I can stomach. (Trust me, I'll get a lot of recipes from those.) (2/30)
083. Try five new fruits or vegetables (1/5) IN PROGRESS: Butter peas (21 June 2008)
085. Get a massage regularly--at least twice a semester until I graduate, and three times a year after. Update May 2009: Wow, I failed at this one.
086. Go on a 20-minute walk once a week (75/143) (18 January 2008: Okay, so I forgot about this one the very first week. Hey, I can keep going, right?)
(23 June 2008: Going to France brings the long walk count up, doesn't it?)
Everything Else, in which Sushi decides to go for it
087. Go to Dragon*Con.
088. Learn how to count on my fingers in binary.
089. On five days, leave a comment on every journal I read that day. For LJ communities, this means at least one comment per community. (0/5)
090. Purchase a trunk or other storage unit for my Dr. Nbooks.
091. Dye my hair an unnatural color before I have to be an adult.
093. Hold a self-matrimony ceremony.
094. Complete a Sudoku puzzle every day for thirty days--not necessarily consecutive (10/30). (IN PROGRESS. Or just complete 30 Sudoku puzzles. Whichever.)
095. Surprise at least three someones with a 'just because' gift (0/3)
098. Learn basic Korean.
100. Get a finite Erdos number.
101. Learn to drive.
I guess this counts as the first of the 1001 entries. Look at that, progress already.