* an external hard drive, so I can store a craptonne of stuff before needing another or worrying too much about my computers exploding
* two pairs of knitting needles (yes, I'm still trying. Hush.)
* a huge toffee chocolate bar (omnomnom)
* candles and photo frames
* The Tales of Beedle the Bard
* a mini moleskine and a pack of three moleskine cahiers
* The Future Dictionary of America (this things looks awesome)
* Giraffes? Giraffes! by Dr. and Mr. Haggis-on-Whey (the best thing EVER. I think I require an icon of this.)
* the tote bag from NaNoWriMo's Night of Writing Dangerously
* two boxes of Smidgens :D
* an Eiffel Tower lamp with a purple lampshade. It's shiny and Eiffel-like and perfect. *hugs it*
As for the goings-on in my family? One family got robbed, one person got diagnosed with diabetes, and his wife went on the diet with him and thus lost 40 pounds, one person's boyfriend received a huge inheritance and is therefore set for life, one cousin can't stand another's wife, I nearly convinced one of the kids to support Agnes Scott's football team until the brother ruined my ploy, and the brother lost HOPE.
This last bit upset my parents greatly, and if there's a big family discussion this weekend, you can bet I'm live-updating with it. Grandmother referred to it as flunking out, even though he didn't flunk out (in fact, he came close to keeping it).
I'm torn between thinking they're that ignorant about how the academic system works or thinking that their unrealistic expectations are about to come crumbling down, to be replaced by reality.
Hey, at least it's better that way.
On the bright side, I found out about my first B ever four years ago yesterday. Vive la révolution!