Highlights of the NYC trip:
* Met banyangirl1832 and magiuspendragon on Thursday, and thisisthesmile on Friday night/Saturday morning.
* The interview went decently, I believe.
* Met some cool people from all over the world in the hostel I stayed at
* Ate some fantastic food
* Saw a musical
* Wandered around NYC for an entire day
* Wandered around Atlantic City with QS
* Gambled (not much; math has told me that gambling isn't such a bright idea)
* Didn't get too lost, an accomplishment considering I had only a subway map
* Crossing several items of my 101 in 1001 list.
Lowlights of the NYC trip:
* Oh, travel. First my flight from Atlanta left late, leaving me only a few minutes to find my gate at Charlotte. Then we were at a ground stop in Charlotte for about an hour and didn't arrive in New York until two. I didn't leave the airport until 2:30 and made it to my interview at exactly four. On the way to AC, the train stopped once to kick off people with outside alcohol, once to switch the engine (expected, but this took longer than expected), and once for no discernable reason. Luckily the ride to Newark Penn was smooth. Then on the way back to Atlanta I was in front of a family with two little kids, and the one right behind me enjoyed kicking my seat. Sigh.
* Being really really sore afterward from walking around and carrying my bag through a nontrivial chunk of the trip.
Conclusion: I need to go back.